Coping with Failure



It was my option to leave my comfort zone called “CONVERGYS” and enter another world called “financial insitution” and thus here I am starting all over again. They say regrets come at the end, and maybe this current situation that I am in right now is an attestation. Or, is this just what they call the “adjustment period” or, technically, the “learning curve”. Whatever this is, it is not easy.

This is not the first time I did not meet my own expectation. I remember when I was still starting out with Convergys I experienced my first so-called failure and it did not feel good, and once again now, a repeat of history. After the first instance, I thought I have learnt how to accept failure but not until I am faced with again I realised that I honestly have not. All my life, I almost always get what I want because I know work hard to achieve my success but maybe when a situation requires luck, that is when I do not often get what I deserve. Thus sometimes skills, hardwork, determination, and knowledge is never enough. Other people say that you need to believe in success for you to attract success yet despite me not thinking about anything negative, something not positive still happened. Thus sometimes faith and “law of attraction” is never enough. I guess when success is at stake and it needs a little bit of luck, that is where I fail. So where can I get luck? How can luck be on my side? What needs to be done?

What I am currently doing is I try not to get too stressed out about what is going on with my metrics. I spend my energy on the things I can still do rather than fretting, whining, and dwelling too much on what is brining me down. I spend my energy thinking about the ways to still succeed and not succumb to failure. I know I have a lot to learn and a lot to believe in, and I guess that is what I need to focus on – LEARNING and BELIEVING. Rather than focusing on how luck will finally favor me, I guess I need to bank more on learning and believing because clearly I have an idea on how to do well on those two practices and evidently being lucky is something I am poor at. And maybe, just maybe, who knows, once I have mastered what I need to learn and what I need to believe in, I might just be given my one way ticket to having luck working for me. 

Comments

Popular Posts